Sun - Fri 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Saturday closed.

Partner Visa Australia

Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)
The Partner visas (subclasses 309 and 100) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizenlive in Australia.
The temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) is processed.

  • You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:
  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen.
From AUD 7,000
Required Documents For  Spouse Visa
1. Online Form 
2. Online Fees Payment
3. Certified copies of current passport/travel document for each person included in the application and certified copies of the bio data and alterations pages of the passport/travel document.
4. Certified copy of your birth certificate, in original language and an English translation.
5. Form 888 Statutory Declaration by a Supporting Witness Relating to a Partner Visa Application to be completed by two witnesses.
6. Form 80 Personal Particulars for Assessment Including Character Assessment to be completed by each person included in this application over 16 years of age.
7. Valid original police clearance certificate from each country where each applicant over 16 years of age included in this application has lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
8. If you are applying on marriage grounds, you will need to provide a certified copy of your Marriage certificate issued by the relevant State or Government Authority
9. If you are permanently separated, divorced or widowed, certified copies of your separation certificate, divorce decree or death certificate of the deceased partner (as applicable).
Supporting documents specific to the Sponsor
1. Form 40SP Sponsorship for Partner to Migrate to Australia (all questions must be completed and form must be signed).
2. If you are permanently separated, divorced or widowed, certified copies of your separation certificate, divorce decree or death certificate of the deceased partner (as applicable).
3. Certified copy of your passport showing permanent residence in Australia. If you are a New Zealand citizen living in Australia, evidence of length of residence in Australia.
4. Valid original police clearance certificates from each country in which you have lived in for more than 12 months or more (cumulatively) in the last 10 years.
5. Details of your current professional activity. For example: employment, education or other activities. Please provide supporting documents of these activities.
6. Individual Tax Return Forms for the past 3 years. For example: Notice of Assessment for Income Tax.
Supporting documents specific to the relationship
1. Statements from applicant and sponsor regarding history of the relationship. For example: how, when and where your first meeting took place and how the relationship developed.
2. Evidence of the marriage central ceremony. For example: photos, invitation cards, receipts. 
3. Evidence of marriage-related events. For example: photos of engagement ceremony, cultural marriage rituals, wedding reception, honeymoon.
4. Evidence of ongoing contact over the period of your relationship. For example: emails, phone calls, letters, chat history, video conferencing.
5. Evidence that you and your partner are socially accepted as a couple. For example, joint invitations, joint activities, friends and acquaintances in common.
6. Evidence of the financial aspect of your relationship:
• evidence of any joint ownership of real estate or other major assets (for example, cars,
appliances) and any joint liabilities (for example, loans, insurance);
• sharing of finances;
• legal commitments that you and your partner have undertaken as a couple;
• evidence that you and your partner have operated joint bank accounts for a reasonable period of time;
• sharing of household bills and expenses; or
• the terms of your wills.
Other Informations
Length of stay
On the temporary 309 visa, you can stay until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).
On the permanent 100 visa, you can stay permanently. Obtaining the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) is a two stage process. To be eligible for a permanent partner visa you first need to be granted a temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309). You apply for both the permanent and temporary visas at the same time and pay only one fee. If you are granted the temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309), you are eligible to be assessed for the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) about two years after you lodged your application. You will need to provide further documents for this assessment.
If you have been in a long term relationship before you lodge your application, the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) may be granted immediately after the temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309).
From 1 July 2018, applications for Partner and Prospective Marriage visas need to be lodged online, via ImmiAccount